Effective Advocacy For Investor Visa Applicants

Foreign nationals from countries that have commerce treaties with the United States can apply for E-2 treaty investor classification if they plan to invest a significant amount of capital in the U.S. Like all visas, there are specific requirements for obtaining an E-2 nonimmigrant visa.

At the Law Office of Suzanne Granja, we can walk you through the entire application process, from determining whether you qualify for an investor visa to requesting a change of status or E-2 renewal. Attorney Suzanne Granja has more than 20 years of experience helping individuals and businesses with employment-based immigration law matters. She focuses her legal practice solely on immigration law and is up-to-date on changing policies. This translates to effective representation in complicated immigration matters such as investor visas.

Learn more by calling us for a free telephone consultation: 760-494-0302.

What Are The E-2 Investor Visa Requirements?

To qualify for an investor visa, you must meet certain requirements, including:

  • Your home country must have a commerce and navigation treaty with the U.S.
  • You must be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment business
  • You must have invested or plan to invest a significant amount of money into the United States.

You can learn more about qualifying for the E-2 treaty investor visa by visiting the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.

National Interest Waiver For Entrepreneurs/Investors

The biggest downside to the E-2 visa is that it must be renewed. While there is no limit on how many times you can renew your E-2 visa, you must be able to meet the same criteria every time. If your business goes under, you will have no option to stay in the U.S. Like with other temporary work visas, the USCIS assumes that you plan to leave the United States at some point.

There may be other options for staying in the U.S. permanently. For example, entrepreneurs who have invested or will invest money into business startups may be able to receive green cards through the national interest waiver visa category.

Another option now available is through International Entrepreneur Parole. USCIS has begun accepting these applications. Please contact our office to discuss this option.

Your options will depend on your unique situation, which we can discuss during our free telephone consultation. Hablamos español.